viernes, 26 de febrero de 2021

CARLOS I DE ESPAÑA


 CARLOS I

BIOGRAFHY

Carlos I of Spain and V of the Holy Roman Empire, called the Emperor or Caesar (Ghent, Flanders County, February 24, 1500-Cuacos de Yuste, September 21, 1558), reigned together with his mother, Juana I of Castile, the latter only nominally and until 1555, in all the Hispanic kingdoms and territories with the name of Carlos I from 1516 to 1556, thus bringing together for the first time in the same person the Crowns of Castile the Kingdom of Navarre inclusive and Aragon.

INTERNAL POLITIC

The arrival of Carlos to Castile meant the arrival of an inexperienced young man who did not know the customs and language of his kingdom, given which he placed his trust in his Burgundian collaborators who had accompanied him from the Netherlands, to whom he procured high dignities and access to income and wealth. This upset the Castilians and they made it known to them in the Cortes of Valladolid in 1518, which was ignored by the king. Taking advantage of the War of the Communities of Castile with a partial demilitarization of the Kingdom of Navarre, the third counter-offensive of the Navarrese to recover the kingdom in 1521. On this occasion, Enrique II of Navarre with the support of the French King Francisco I, achieved the recovery in a short time. However, the humble population remained almost entirely passive, without showing loyalty to Carlos I but without showing support for the legitimists

 

EXTERNAL POLITIC

Against the Ottoman Empire with the help of the Protestant German princes and a good part of the Castilian nobility, Carlos went in 1532 to the aid of his brother Ferdinand of Habsburg to defend Vienna from the attack of Suleiman the Magnificent, a city to which he arrived on the 23rd. September of that year, but Francis I of France, who feared that the emperor would defeat the Turks and thus focus on the war against him, advised the sultan not to attack the imperial army and it ended up withdrawing without offering hardly any battle. I had four wars with Francisco I of France, who also aspired to the imperial crown, and who demanded the return of Burgundy.

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

CARLOS I DE ESPAÑA

  CARLOS I BIOGRAFHY Carlos I of Spain and V of the Holy Roman Empire, called the Emperor or Caesar (Ghent, Flanders County, February 24, ...